Pattern of GATE 2017 Exam



Hello Dear Gate 2017 Aspirants

As we know that Gate is an very important exam. It is required a good gate score to pursuing Mtech from national college . Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering (GATE) is conducted for admission to M.E./M.Tech/Direct Ph.D programmes in IITs, NITs, GFTI and various private institutions. IIT Roorkee is the organizing institute for GATE 2017.  In 2017  GATE exam  will be conducted on 4, 5 & 11, 12 February 2017.

Most of Indian government companies are also recruiting  for engineer training post through Gate score. GATE 2017 exam pattern includes details about how many questions asked in the examination, how many of sections are there in test , what is marking scheme and time duration etc.. 

In this post there is answer of some questions related to Gate 2017 Examination.

 What is pattern of Gate exam 2017 ?


In 2017 Gate examination will be conduct  for 23 papers using online mode only (Objective Computer Based Test). Students can appear only one paper. GATE 2017 examination will be held during forenoon and afternoon sessions in weekends.

What will be types of questions of Gate exam 2017?


 The question paper of GATE 2017 consisting of both multiple-choice type (MCQ) and numerical answer type (NAT). For objective type questions, there are multiple options available out of which students have to choose only the right answer. For numerical answer type questions, candidates have to enter a number using the virtual keyword available on the computer screen at the time of attempting the exam in examination hall.

 What is Time Duration of Gate Exam 2017?


 Time duration of gate 2017 exam will of 3 hrs.
How many number of questions will be there in the Gate Exam ?
65 questions will be there in Gate 2017 exam and it will be of 100 marks’

What are the code for different papers ?

Paper code of different papers are listed here.

Paper
Paper Code
Paper
Paper Code
Aerospace Engineering
AE
Geology and Geophysics
GG
Agricultural Engineering
AG
Instrumentation Engineering
IN
Architecture and Planning
AR
Mathematics
MA
Biotechnology
BT
Mechanical Engineering
ME
Civil Engineering
CE
Mining Engineering
MN
Chemical Engineering
CH
Metallurgical Engineering
MT
Computer Science and Information Technology
CS
Petroleum Engineering
PE
Chemistry
CY
Physics
PH
Electronics and Communication Engineering
EC
Production and Industrial Engineering
PI
Electrical Engineering
EE
Textile Engineering and Fiber Science
TF
Ecology and Evolution
EY
Engineering Sciences
XE
Life Sciences
XL

How the questions paper is classified for marks ?


·         In the papers of AE, AG, BT, CE, CH, CS, EC, EE, IN, ME, MN, MT, PE, PI, TF and XE, Engineering Mathematics will carry 15% marks of total marks, General Aptitude section will contain 15% marks and rest of the 70% marks will be contained by the core subject of the paper.
·         In the papers AR, CY, EY, GG, MA, PH and XL, General Aptitude  section  will  carry  15%  of  the  total  marks and remaining 85% marks will be carried by the core subject of the paper.
·         The General Aptitude section 5 questions of 1 Mark and 5 questions of 2 marks.
·         Question paper other than GG, XE and XL will contain 25 questions of 1 mark and 30 questions of 2
What are the code for XE category papers?
XE paper contains  the following sections:
Sections
Code
Engineering Mathematics
A
Fluid Mechanics
B
Materials Science
C
Solid Mechanics
D
Thermodynamics
E
Polymer Science and Engineering
F
Food Technology
G
Atmospheric and Oceanic Sciences
H

How the paper of XE code are classified?
·         Section A – Engineering Mathematics (compulsory section) – contains 11 questions (7 questions of 1 mark and 4 questions of 2 marks)
·         GA – General Aptitude
·         Any two of XE sections B to H – contains 22 questions (9 questions carrying 1 mark and 13 questions carrying 2 marks)

Other useful link for GATE EXAM 2017

Important Dates for GATE Exam 2017

Gate 2017 Exam Schedule

Gate exam 2017 Syllabus for all papers

Download GATE 2017 Admit Card